To identify and promote scholastic achievement of Arizona lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered youth through a combination of monetary awards, social development and mentoring allies.
The QU Scholarship Fund…
- Is a post-secondary scholarship program created by Dr. Shel-Don J. Legarrata and Dr. Kevin Axx in Phoenix, Arizona to promote scholastic excellence of Arizona LGBT youth regardless of financial, social or personal backgrounds.
- Benefits participants of One N Ten, Arizona's largest LGBT youth organization, from which applicants must demonstrate active and outstanding participation in the various programs offered by the youth-serving agency.
- Raises funds for these awards primarily through grassroots efforts including small, personally-held social events underwritten by passionate LGBT youth advocates with an initial effort of over $65,000 raised since May of 2012.
- Uses donations not only for scholarship awards, but also to build the QU Scholarship Fund Endowment to ensure the longevity of the scholarship program.
- Is administered by the Arizona Community Foundation whose mission for the past 34 years has been to improve the quality of life in Arizona by promoting and facilitating effective philanthropy through various initiatives.
For further information, please contact one of QU Scholarship Fund's founding members:
|Shel-Don Legarrata||Kevin Axx|
|Stacey Jay Cavaliere||Joey Thybo|